Friday, September 20, 2013

My favorite boulangerie in Annecy

I'm going to tell you right now. I haven't tried all the boulangeries in Annecy. I've tried a few - mostly in the centreville - but I didn't like, do a comprehensive tasting and judging of all the products of all the boulangeries in all of Anncey.

However - from my first week in Annecy, I've had a favorite boulangerie. I knew it was a good one because there was a line out the door at lunchtime. Plus, it's a classy-looking boulangerie. You know what I mean. It's shiny and pretty and the desserts look like art. It looks like it should be expensive - but actually, I've found it to be a great value.

It's the Alexandre Perchat Artisan Boulangerie Patisserie in the center of Annecy.




They have delicious pain aux raisins. And you should know, pain aux raisins is my favorite and I'm very picky - theirs made it into my top three best ever pain aux raisins. It's a great honor, really. I'm thinking of giving out medals next year.


Very yummy baguettes - I usually order une baguette tradition


But my favorite? The sandwiches. 


I love their sandwiches! They have the normal boulangerie sandwiches - jambon & beurre (for under three euros, by the way), jambon emmental, mozzarelle Italien, and they're very tasty, but then they go beyond that and have non-traditional sandwiches like "le burger" and "l'Indien." On their website, "Le sandwich indien" is listed as one of their best-sellers, and I can see why. I've had a craving for it since the first time I tried it in April. 

Since this is a popular spot, sandwiches go fast. Come too late, and your sandwich selection will be limited. (The photo above was taken after prime sandwich time, but there were still enough "sandwichs burger" left to feed all five of us.)

Best of all, they are nice! If you've been to France, I don't have to tell you that customer service is hit or miss. At Alexandre Perchat, I never leave feeling cranky and offended the way I do when I feel insulted but I didn't have a good comeback ready. They are really lovely and I make it a point to come here every time I'm in Annecy.


Alexandre Perchat Artistan Boulangerie Patisserie
6 Rue Président Favre, Annecy, France
04 50 45 41 86



No comments:

Post a Comment